0x80070057 error code on Windows? Worry not, we’ve you covered with the best solutions.
Very annoying error though! Usually the error code 0x80070057 occurs when you try to upgrade your Windows operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 10 or you’re trying to install Windows update or due to some corrupt files or settings in the system or malware that can be managed or changed using the registry.
The error code sounds scary, but it can be resolved using quick and easy hacks. What are these and how to use them is explained in detail below. Check out the entire article to know more.
How To Fix Error Code 0x80070057 On Windows 10?
Method 1: Using Services Option
To resolve error code 0x80070057 on Windows 10 using Services, follow these steps below:
- Head to Start Menu and on the search bar type: Services.
- Double-click on the top result to open the Services Window.
- Now, look for Windows update on the right side pane. When found, right click on it to open the context menu. Choose Properties from the menu.
- In the window that opens next, head to Startup Type and choose Automatic from the drop-down.
- Click on Apply and then OK.
- If you see Windows update not running, click on the Start button located on the left pane or click Restart to proceed.
- Restart your computer. Hopefully the error will be resolved. If not, try another hack.
Method 2: Run A Troubleshooter
- Head to Start Menu and on the search bar type in Troubleshoot. Double-click on the top result to open Troubleshoot Settings.
- Now on the next window, click on Additional troubleshooters and head to the Getup and running section.
- Choose Windows Update and click on Run the Troubleshooter.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to complete the process. Then click on Apply this fix and wait for the Windows update to get repaired.
- Once done, close the troubleshooter and Restart Your PC. Check if the problem persists. If yes, try the next fix.
Bonus Tip: Update Drivers Using Smart Driver Care
A lot of issues on Windows might arise due to outdated or corrupt device drivers for example a lot of BSOD errors. Not all the issues on Windows are due to corrupt drivers but you never know what can occur and when. So to be on a safer side, we recommend having a reliable and the best driver updater software installed on Windows PC. This helps in timely updating drivers and prevent your device from probable issues that might come anytime your way. We recommend using Smart Driver Care- a robust and best driver updater utility for Windows PC. To use this tool, follow the steps below:
● Download and install Smart Driver Care from the link below.
● Launch the application and click on Start Scan Now.
● Wait for the scan to complete.
● Click on Update All to update all corrupt and outdated drivers at once.
● Restart your PC to apply changes.
Check if you’re still facing the issue.
Method 3: Use Recovery Options
Recovery options is yet another amazing solution to resolve Windows update error code 0x80070057. Here’s the stepwise process to use this option:
- Head to Start Menu and type in Recovery in the search bar.
- Click on the first option that appears to open Recovery options. You can also find this under System Settings.
- On the next window that opens, navigate to the Advanced startup and click on Restart Now.
- When the PC restarts, follow these steps: click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup settings > Restart > press no. Key 4 i.e. enable safe mode. Windows will then restart in safe mode.
- Now press Win+E keys together to open Windows Explorer. Click on This PC option and choose C: drive.
- On the Windows Explorer address bar, type in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.
- On the next window, select all the files and press Delete.
That’s it. You can now easily install theWindows Update without receiving any error code.
Not only these there are several other ways as well to resolve error code 0x80070057 on Windows computers. You can try these methods and let us know which one has helped you in resolving the issue.
Additional Tip: You can also use Command Prompt to resolve the error. All you need to do is open Command Prompt and choose to Run as administrator. Now, run the below commands one by one and press Enter key after each command:
SC config wuauserv start= auto
SC config bits start= auto
SC config cryptsvc start= auto
SC config trustedinstaller start= auto
Once done, close Cmd window and Restart your PC to apply changes.
You are all sorted and free from such errors on Windows 10. Feel free to reach out through the comments section below.